About This Blog

My photo
I am an international school educator, currently working as a Primary Assistant Principal in China.This blog is a space to explore thoughts as a teacher, a parent and a learner. I'm interested in different ways of imagining and realising education and present this blog as a platform to explore and share ideas.

Friday 8 February 2019

Joining in with Global School Play Day

(https://www.facebook.com/globalschoolplayday/)


One of our new focus areas in our Junior School is that of play so I was really keen for us to take part in Global School Play Day this year. Each class from Grades 1-5 were involved, incorporating play into the school day in the form of free play and more teacher-led activities. 

This wonderful grassroots celebration of play really aims for children to be engaged in purely unstructured activities as this is increasingly stolen from them in our race for them to be achieving and busy the whole time. I took this as an opportunity to also encourage our teachers to come up with ways they could design play-based learning engagements during the day in addition to the free play. It was also another invitation for more movement-based and outdoor activities. 


Of course, the children had a really fun day, and the teachers also enjoyed the challenge too!






Fun with ozobots!






So great to see the teacher involved in the game of Hide-and-Seek!




The day kicked off in Assembly with a virtuoso performance on the tambourine by man of many talents, Mr Sai.


3 comments:

  1. your blogs always keep me hanging there even when I have finished reading . Extremely thought provoking indeed but I definitely feel the need to incorporate your ideas with my children in school too. your visit to the Waldorf schools really has given rise to my curiosity into that arena as well. Please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging comments, Sudha. It's so good to know that you are following my posts. Where are you based?

      Delete
  2. This is really nice to read the content of this Blog. A is a very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform that has been given by this Blog. I really appreciate this Blog to has such a kind of educational knowledge.

    Outdoor play equipment for schools in Greater Noida

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts